Tools Part 1; Books, Apps & Podcasts Oh My!
Today I head "Down The Rabbit Hole" to discuss some tangible "tools" that I would recommend taking a look at in the quest to find your own. This is a follow up to a previous episode, one of several to come, where I get more specific on some of the "tools" that have (or still do) serve me well in this suicide loss grief space I live in. Part 2 will be published in a few weeks!
As with everything you hear on my podcasts, please take that which serves you & leave the rest. I hope you will find something of value & I am so sorry that you need to be here, but so honored you are here. Talk soon!
The BOOKS I discussed are:
- Your Grief, Your Way: A Year of Practical Guidance and Comfort After Loss by Shelby Forsythia
- Dying to Be Free: A Healing Guide for Families After a Suicide
- The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma by Bessel van der Kolk
- The Ultimate Guide to Chakras: The Beginner's Guide to Balancing, Healing, and Unblocking Your Chakras for Health and Positive Energy by Athena Perrakis PhD
The Audio books (on AUDIBLE) that I discussed:
- It's OK That You're Not OK Meeting Grief and Loss in a Culture That Doesn't Understand by Megan Devine
- Night Falls Fast Understanding Suicide by Kay Redfield Jamison
- Cracked, Not Broken Surviving and Thriving After a Suicide Attempt by Kevin Hines
- Inside Out A Memoir by Demi Moore
The APPS I recommended you take a peek at are:
- The Insight Timer
- The Mighty
- Instagram & Facebook (?) for grief community
Some PODCASTS to get you thinking or to let you zone out: