What Am I Watching (aka "Binging"); My Thoughts & Recommendations
Today, I go "Down the Rabbit Hole" to discuss things I have watched, binged or still want to watch with regards to suicide, loss & grief in general. These are everything from movies to series to documentaries; and can be watched on various platforms. THIS IS NOT A DEFINITIVE LIST of what I have watched NOR all of the subject matter ... just some that I chose to share today. Some of these titles are about suicide loss, but most just about loss and grief and how the characters deal with it in such different ways -- just like we do. I admit my taste runs to dark comedy or very real (head on tackling) subject matter so my list will be heavy that direction. I would love to know what you have watched that has distracted you or kept you company or held your heart as you grieve.
As with everything you hear on my podcasts, please take that which serves you & leave the rest. I hope you will find something of value & I am so sorry that you need to be here, but so honored you are here. Talk soon!
As I say at the end of the episode, there some really great conversations with some dynamic people coming in the next few months. Please reach out to me if you know of someone that I should talk to or if you yourself would like to have a conversation around the suicide loss and grief space. Instagram is probably still the best way to contact me or directly through email.
Here is the list of the films, series or other that I talked about AND as I said, I have listed next to each where I think (hope) you can find it to watch today ... but you, like me, may be relegated to "Google" a title and find out where it is currently since this seems to change often! The first 4 deal with suicide loss specifically
- "A Million Little Things" (ABC series, currently Amazon Prime has past episodes)
- "13 Reasons Why" AND "Beyond the Reasons"
- "Audrie & Daisy" (Netflix)
- "Suicide; The Ripple Effect" look on Facebook at the page of the same name
- "Pieces of a Woman" Martin Scorsese film on Netflix
- "Surviving Death" 6 part docuseries on death on Netflix
- "Lila & Eve" movie on Netflix
- "Dead to Me" - Netflix series
- "Six feet Under" - HULU ( an old HBO series)
- "Afterlife" - movie on Netflix
- "Virgin River" - series on Netflix
- "Memory of Water" - movie
- "Rabbit Hole" - movie
- "I Know This Much is True" -movie
- This one IS a LINK ... International Survivors of Suicide Loss Documentaries on the AFSP website
If you or someone you know is struggling with suicidal thoughts PLEASE reach out & talk to someone
The National Suicide Lifeline is there for you
IN a crisis you can also TEXT--->
TEXT the word "HOME" to 741741 in the USA
in Canada TEXT 686868
in the UK TEXT 85258
And Grievers, I am always here. You can find me on Instagram at The Leftover Pieces